I always feel the need to write a reflection post after a big trip. Not sure why I feel this way, but I’m going to do it anyway. My thoughts after my time in Japan are:
- Travelling in Asia is less scary than I anticipated
- Asian food is yummy
- Japanese powder snow is nice
- Working in a restaurant with nice people is fun
- I want to go to Japan again (and again and again)
- I could live in Japan for a while
- Living in Japan for a while as a foreigner could be challenging
- Living in Korea also seems cool
- Japanese is hard to learn
- Japan has a large number of great toilets
Lauren finished his school program a week after I got back. We took a couple of weeks off and went to Whistler and Seattle. Now he is working as a machinist in a small shop. So far, he lurrrrrves it.
I just realized that Lauren is wearing the same sweater in every photo. How eco.
Not sure if I mentioned it previously, but I was laid off while I was on my leave of absence so I have been applying to work at a ton of places. I’m hoping to find something outdoor gear, health, food, sports, or tourism related. This month, I have been contracting for bumble bloom (a new vegan honey product) to help with their production and order fulfillment. I am writing this post as I wait for a lava cauldron of product to finish. I have listened to a tooonnnn of podcasts. I will be giving out samples at Veg Expo which may be a good time for me to network a bit more.
I/we have been busy with taco wednesdays, climbing, skiing, repairing the car, cooking in a clean kitchen, gardening and catching up with friends.
Lauren’s mama has been visiting over the last couple of weeks so we have done A LOT of touristy activities. Tomorrow, we are going whale watching.